Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Honey Trail and Leatherwood honey

The speaker at tonight's NYC Beekeepers Association meeting was Grace Pundyk, author of The Honey Trail.

She gave an excellent slide show with pictures of her hives at her home on Bruny Island, Tasmania and her honey travels in Yemen, Borneo, Turkey, Russia and China.


I reserved a copy of the book at the Brooklyn Public Library.


On the way home I got off the Q-train and stopped in at the Big Bananna on Kings Highway. I had remembered seeing Tasmanian Leatherwood honey for sale there years ago and they still had some bottles. I picked up a 17.5 oz bottle for $9.99.

 Amazon has it for $12.99.

Here's  a link to a map of where the honey comes from in Mole Creek, Tasmania.

I must have passed right by the place a decade ago when a friend of mine and I were on our way to climb Cradle Mountain (zoom out and pan to the left).

No comments:

Post a Comment